This page is continously updated as more speakers confirm.
Monday, March 15th, Conference Opening
14:00 Opening and Welcome
14:10 Plenary Session 1: Setting the Scene
- Dr Otto Cars, Professor, Uppsala University, Founder and Senior Advisor, ReAct, Former member of the UN interagency group on Antimicrobial resistance
- Dr Keith Sumption Chief Veterinary Officer, FAO
- Dr Dame Sally Davies, Professor, UK Special Envoy on Antimicrobial Resistance, Former Chief Medical Officer, UK
15:25 Plenary Session 2:
Understanding the bounderies for individual change: Addressing AMR in a social, economic, and political context - possibilities for new approaches in research and action
- Dr Koen Peeters, Professor, Dept. of Medical Anthropology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp
- Dr Franck Cesar Berthe, Senior Live Stock Specialist, World Bank: How to address the misuse and lack of access in low-income countries
16:10 - 16:20 Wrap-up of day 1
Tuesday, March 16th
14:00 Welcome back
14:05 Plenary Session 3: Communicating the value and safety of vaccines
- Dr Julie Leask, Professor, Sydney Nursing School, Faculty of Medicine and Health Adjunct Professor, School of Public Health "How to improve vaccination rates using behavioural science"
Dr Michel Dione, Scientist, Animal and Human Health Program, International Livestock Research Institute “Behavioral obstacles to vaccinations in livestock – examples from Sub-Saharan Africa”.
14:55 - 15:00 Wrap-up of day 2
15:05 - 17:30 Workshops in parallel (separate programme)
Wednesday, March 17
14:00 Welcome Back Day 3
14:05 Plenary Session 4: Communicating the complexity of AMR
- Denesha Brar, Communications Lead, Wellcome Trust, UK
- Dr Thomas Abraham, Associate Professor, Director Public Health Communication Program, Hong Kong University
- Dr Hathairat Kosiyaporn, International Health Policy Program, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand. "A national monitoring tool to measure AMR knowledge among the general public.
14:55-15:00 Wrap-up of Day 3
15:05 - 17:30 Workshops in parallell (separate programme)
Thursday, March 18th
14:00 Plenary Session 5: Closing Session
Report back from workshops and the road ahead.
Closing Remarks by Dr Hanan Balkhy, Assistant Director-General for Antimicrobial Resistance WHO
16:00 End of event