Preliminary Summit Programme 2020
This page is continously updated. Check back for updates!
Monday, October 19
17:00 – 18:30 Open seminar in the University Hall, Uppsala, University Building.
Key-note address by Professor Otto Cars, Uppsala University, Founder and Senior Advisor, ReAct, Member of the WHO Strategic and Technical Advisory Group on Antimicrobial Resistance.
Full programme and speakers to be confirmed. This event will be held in Swedish.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 20 - UPPSALA CASTLE
08:00 Registration opens
09:00 Welcome by Professor Anders Malmberg Deputy Vice Chancellor, Uppsala University and Chairman of the Uppsala Health Summit Steering Committee.
Key-Note Address by Professor Dame Sally Davies, UK Special Envoy on AMR, Master of Trinity College, Cambridge University, Former Chief Medical Officer.
09:30-10:30. Plenary Session 1: Antimicrobial Resistance in Society - possibilities for new approaches in research and action. Speakers to be confirmed.
10:30 - 11.00 Coffee break
11:00-12:00 Parallell workshops A-D
- A: Why not Practice Knowledge? The art of disease prevention
- B: Lots of talk but little action: What´s hindering the implementation of incentives to stimulate antibiotics R&D?
- C: How to influence mental barriers to modified consumer behaviours in food retail
- D: Antibiotics and antibiotic resistant bacteria in the environment. How can Behaviour Change be a solution?
12:00- 13:00 Lunch
13:00-15:00 Workshops Continue
15:00-15:30 Coffee Break
15:30- 17:00 Plenary Session 2: Communicating Complexity: How to reshape messages for action. Speakers to be confirmed.
18:00 Dinner for Participants
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 21
09:00 Welcome Back
09:10 – 10:30 Plenary Session 3: Promoting the value of vaccines. Speakers to be confirmed.
10:30 - Coffee break
11:00-12:00 Parallel Workshops E-H
- E: Making Sense of Antibiotic Resistance: Communicate for Change
- F: Children and the Wild: Potentials and Perils in Human-Animal Encounters
- G: Where is our antibiotics? Three possible solutions to address shortages and supply
- H: Teaching AMR: Schools as Change Agents
13:00 - 15:00 Workshops continue.
15:00 - 15:15 Coffee break
15:15 -16:15 Closing Session: Report back from workshops and the road ahead.