Apply for Scholarship
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend Uppsala Health Summit, you should
- either work in a low- or middle-income country as defined by OECD’s list of ODA receiving countries
- or have a leading position in a youth organization,
- and be in a position in which you are able to use the insights and conclusions from the Summit in e.g. new ways of working, new polices or research collaborations.
Eligible youth organizations should:
- be democratically structured,
- have an ambition to strengthen human rights and empower children and young persons,
- have at least 50 % of their members aged between 6 and 25 years,
- have a majority of young persons, i.e. up to 25 years, in its leading positions (board and/or management.
To benefit from the dialogue at Uppsala Health Summit, delegates need a good proficiency of English.
How to apply
To apply, you only need to send us:
- Your CV, showing your experiences in the area of child health, urban panning or child participation
- A short letter, max. 1 page, presenting how you want to use connections and insights gained, e.g. in which areas you would like to initiate new ways of working; new policies or new research collaborations. In your letter, you must state which workshops you want to attend.
- A note from your organization, showing admittance to travel and participate in the Summit discussions.
Send your application to email@example.com. Last day for application is May 8th 2019.
Candidates will be selected based upon:
- Previous experiences from working with policies, interventions or other actions in the area of child health, urban planning, child-friendly cities policies, and/or child participation
- How you plan to implement insights and connections gained during the summit;
- How you plan to involve or develop your country or regional networks in these efforts
Should you have any questions, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notice that due to Easter holidays, we will have very little opportunity to answer any questions between 18 - 22 April.
The selection of scholars will be made by Uppsala Health Summit’s project manager and members from Uppsala Health Summit’s programme committee. Selected scholarship holders will be informed by e-mail after 10 May.
The scholarship covers
- Travel in economy class, according to Uppsala University’s travel policy, including transport from and to Stockholm Arlanda International Airport if arriving by air.
- Hotel 7 - 9 October for one person. An additional night is possible if needed, depending availability of flights.
- Conference fee, covering documentation and all meals during the conference. (NB! meals outside the conference programme are not covered.)
- Costs for visa application. You must make your own visa application, but we will provide a letter of invitation.