Scholarships 2018: How to apply
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend Uppsala Health Summit, you should work in a low- or middle-income country as defined by OECD’s list of ODA receiving countries, and be in a position in which you are able to use the insights and conclusions from the Summit in e.g. new ways of working, new polices or research collaborations. To benefit from the dialogue at Uppsala Health Summit, you also need a good proficiency of English.
How to apply
To apply, you only need to send us:
- Your CV, showing your experiences in the area of Cancer.
- A short letter, max. 1 page, presenting how you want to use connections and insights gained, e.g. in which areas you would like to initiate new ways of working; new policies or new research collaborations. In your letter, you must state which workshops you want to attend.
- A note from your organization, showing admittance to travel and participate in the Summit deliberations.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last day for application is 3 April 2018.
Candidates will be selected based upon:
- Previous experiences from working with policies, interventions or other actions in the area of cancer treatments;
- How you plan to implement insights and connections gained during the summit;
- How you plan to involve or develop your country or regional networks in these efforts
Should you have any questions, please send a mail to email@example.com. Please notice that due to Easter holidays, we will have very little opportunity to answer any questions between 28 March and 2 April.
The selection of scholars will be made by Uppsala Health Summit’s project manager and members from Uppsala Health Summit’s programme committee. Selected scholarship holders will be informed by e-mail after April 15th.
The scholarship covers
- Travel in economy class, according to Uppsala University’s travel policy, including transport from and to Stockholm Arlanda International Airport.
- Hotel 13 – 15 June for one person. An additional night is possible, depending availability of flights.
- Conference fee, covering documentation and all meals during the conference. (NB! Meals outside the conference programme are not covered.)
- Costs for visa application. You must make your own visa application, but we will provide a letter of invitation.