Uppsala Health Summit Journalist Travel Grant 2021
Uppsala Health Summit is an annual international arena for frank and challenging dialogue between 200 selected decision-makers, opinion builders and experts on how we can use knowledge from research and innovations for better health and healthcare globally. Each year we focus on one challenge to health and healthcare, based on inputs from partners and sponsors. Delegates come from policy making, healthcare, industry, civil society and academia.
As the overall goal is to drive change, by increased awareness of solutions and dilemmas, it is important to the Summit to reach out to society outside the group of participants at the summit. Connecting with media, giving them a possibility to attend the summit, is thus important to us.
Most media are news driven. A meeting where we discuss how to implement research results and innovations rarely generate news. However, this is a unique opportunity to meet with a selection of influential stakeholders, and with broad insights in the health policy agenda. Journalists that want to build a solid knowledge on specific health challenges may welcome the possibility to participate and build relations. A large number of these journalists work on a free-lance basis, with scarce resources for travel.
Uppsala Health Summit sets aside a limited budget to invite up to four journalists who otherwise wouldn’t have the possibility to attend the summit.
Uppsala Health Summit can cover costs for travel and accommodation for up to four journalists, enabling them to participate at Uppsala Health Summit 2021 on the theme Antimicrobial Resistance and Behaviour Change. The grantees committs to attend the meeting but there are no obligations to cover the summit as such.
At the Summit, the journalists will be able to connect with speakers and delegates from different sectors in different parts of the world.
How to apply
To apply, you need to send in the following documents:
- A short PM, max 500 words, describing:
- why you want to attend Uppsala Health Summit 2021
- which parts of Uppsala Health Summit’s agenda this year that are of particular interest to you. You can see the preliminary programme here.
- how you intend to use insights and contacts gained during the Summit
- A short description, max 500 words of previous works in related areas, attaching or linking to up to five relevant examples.
- Describe financial conditions prevailing for your professional situation, explaining why you need to apply for a grant.
- Deadline for application to reach us is 29th of Oct. 2020
Send in your application to Uppsala University’s press officer Linda Koffmar, Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org
A selection committee is assigned consisting of press officers of Uppsala Health Summit partner organizations and is led by Linda Koffmar, press officer, Uppsala University.
The following selection criteria will be applied:
- How relevant is your area of work from an international health policy perspective?
- How relevant is your area of work for this year's theme?
- Has the applicant demonstrated sufficient background experience, judged from previous work?
We reserve the right to determine the final number of grantees which may be less or more than four.
Selected grantees will be informed by email. The communication will include information on how to book travel and accommodation.