Monday 24 October
17:30 - 19:00 Welcome reception
Tuesday 25 October
08:00 Registration opens
9:00 Uppsala Health Summit Opening
09:30 Plenary Session 1: Food Systems for Health
The goal of this session is to achieve a common understanding of the current state of our global food system and its impacts on our health, as well the transformation needed to secure safe and healthy diets for all.
Dr. Francesco Branca Director, Nutrition and Food Safety, WHO
Dr. Lujain Alqodmani, Director of Global Action and Project Portfolio, EAT Foundation
Dr. Namukolo Covic, International Livestock Research Institute, Director General’s Representative to Ethiopia
10:45 Coffee break
11:30 Workshops in parallel
- A. Food Planning for Sustainable Consumption
- B. The SHIFT Framework for Health Equity in Food Environment Transformations
- C. Sustainable Animal Food Production in War and Peace
- D. The Diet-Environment-Health Nexus
- E. Zero Hunger: Is Mixed Smallholder Farming the solution?
14:00 Workshops in parallel continue
15:30 Coffee break
16:15 Plenary Session 2: Transforming the Food System - What does it mean and how does change happen?
In this session, we will discuss what the terms means to different groups representing various interests in food systems. How do we create the right incentives for adopting more appropriate practices, address the necessary trade-offs and ensure that the transformation is equitable?
- Dr Cass R. Sunstein, Founder and director of the Program on Behavioral Economics and Public Policy at Harvard Law School. Author of Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health, Wealth, and Happiness (with Richard H. Thaler, 2008)
19:00 Dinner at one of Uppsala's renowned student clubs
Wednesday 26 OCTOBER
09:00 Plenary Session 3: What foods and behaviours can improve health and save the planet?
Speakers to be confirmed
10:00 Coffee break
10:45 Workshops in parallel
- F. Food Safety vs Food Security
- G. Foodscapes for the Future
- H. A Global Health Perspective on the Future of Meat
- I. Reducing Antimicrobial Resistance for Healthy and Sustainable Food Systems
13:15 Workshops continue
14:45 Coffee break
15:15 Plenary Session 4: Conclusions from workshops and take-home messages
Dr. Stefan Swartling Peterson, Professor of Global Transformations for Health, Karolinska Institutet, visiting Professor at Makerere University, Uganda and Uppsala University.
16:15 Uppsala Health Summit 2022 closing