To be eligible for a scholarship to attend Uppsala Health Summit, you should
- work in a low- or middle-income country as defined by OECD’s list of ODA receiving countries,
- and be in a position in which you are able to use the insights and conclusions from the Summit in new ways of working, new policies or research collaborations.
To benefit from the dialogue at Uppsala Health Summit, delegates need a good proficiency in English.
The grant covers
- Travel in economy class, according to Uppsala University’s travel policy, including transport from and to Stockholm Arlanda International Airport if arriving by air;
- Hotel two nights 23-25 October for one person, including breakfast. An additional night is possible if needed, depending on availability of flights;
- Conference fee, covering documentation and all meals at the conference (24 October, 9.00 – 25 October, 16.30);
- Visa application fee, reimbursed after receipt of original invoice, except in case of visa rejection or trip cancellation due to unforeseeable reasons.
The grant does not cover
- Extra hotel nights outside of the conference program due to personal travel/vacation. You are required to settle directly with the hotel upon check-out;
- Costs at the hotel other than accommodation (e.g. laundry, bar, etc.). You are required to settle these costs directly with the hotel upon check-out;
- Meals outside of the conference programme (if you arrive before 24 October, 9.00, and/or stay after 25 October, 17;00, in Uppsala);
- Costs for accompanying persons;
- Transportation in country of origin;
- Other costs related to visa application, such as travel insurance or transportation to obtain visa.
How to apply
To apply, you only need to send us:
- Your CV
- A completed application form. http://files.webb.uu.se/uploader/1442/Scholarship-Application-Form-UHS-2023.docx
- A complete application will be sent to the Uppsala Health Summit Secretariat no later than June 28th, 2023
Candidates will be selected based upon:
- Previous experiences from working with policies, interventions or other actions in a relevant field.
- How you plan to implement insights and connections gained during the summit
- How you plan to involve or develop your country or regional networks in these efforts
- We strive for a balanced mix of participants from different backgrounds and geographical regions
Should you have any questions, please send a mail to email@example.com.
The selection of scholars will be made by Uppsala Health Summit’s project manager and members of Uppsala Health Summit’s programme committee. Selected scholarship holders will be informed by e-mail 20th of July.