Welcome to Satellite symposium: How do we move from reactivity to proactivity?
One day after the Uppsala Health Summit 2023, a Satellite Symposium on the theme Chemical Pollution and One Health - from reactivity to proactivity will take place, with some of the key invited speakers at the summit. The symposium aims to further discuss the topic and the identified next steps at the summit.
When: October 26, 9.00 - 16.30
Where: The Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University
9.00-12.15 Presentation of invited speakers:
- Prof. Juliette Legler, Professor, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Dr. Leo Trasande, Jim G. Hendrick MD Professor, Director of the Division of Environmental Pediatrics and Vice Chair for Research in the Department of Pediatrics at NYU School of Medicine; USA
- Prof. R. Thomas Zoeller, Emeritus Professor, Department of Biology, University of Massachusetts Amherst; Visiting Professor, School of Science and Technology, Örebro University
- Mr. Josep Jimenez-Chillaron, Senior Researcher, University of Barcelona
- Prof. Åke Bergman, Senior Professor, School of Science and Technology, Senior Advisor in the Management Team of the Platform for Sustainable Future, Örebro University
- Mr. Baskut Tuncak, JD, Director of the Massachusetts Toxics Use Reduction Institute, University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA. Former UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and Hazardous Waste
- Dr. Shirlee Tan, Senior Toxicologist for the Seattle and King County Public Health Department
- Dr. Mikael Karlsson, Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Natural Resources and Sustainable Development, Climate Change Leadership, Department of Earth Sciences, Uppsala University
12.15 - 13.15 Lunch
(at your own cost)
13.15 - 15.15 Roundtable discussions: How do we move from reactivity to proactivity?
15.30 - 16.30 Discussion in plenum and Conclusion
The symposium is free of charge and open to all interested scientists from the natural/life sciences and social sciences, as well as other stakeholders.
To register, please click here.
For questions please contact Joëlle Rüegg at email@example.com.
Join us for stimulating and constructive discussions on this important topic!
The organizing committee:
- Ida Hallberg, Researcher, Department of Clinical Sciences & Department of Biomedical Science and Veterinary Public Health, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
- Mikael Karlsson, Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Natural Resources and Sustainable Development, Climate Change Leadership, Department of Earth Sciences, Uppsala University
- Joëlle Rüegg, Professor in Environmental Toxicology, Department of Organismal Biology, Uppsala University
- Diana Lupu, Researcher, Department of Organismal Biology, Physiology and Environmental Toxicology, Uppsala University