Upon arrival at Stockholm-Arlanda International Airport, Stockholm
Bus 801 runs between Arlanda and central Uppsala once every hour between 1 a.m and 4 a.m, and twice every hour between 4 a.m and 1 a.m. The journey takes about 45 minutes and costs SEK 100 (approximately EUR 11). You can buy the ticket with credit card on the bus (Am Ex and Diners are not accepted). You cannot pay the ticket with cash on the bus. There are vending machines at Arlanda airport terminals 2, 4 and 5 where you can buy a one-way ticket for the bus. Credit card only. There is a small reduction of the price if you buy it from the vending machine in advance of the journey, compared to buying the ticket on board the bus. (SEK 90, approximately EUR 10)
(“Flygbussarna” connects Arlanda and Stockholm city. It is not recommended to go to Stockholm to reach Uppsala from Arlanda.)
Trains leave Arlanda for Uppsala Central Station directly from Sky City.
- Frequency: please consult the timetables online.
- Journey time: 15-20 minutes.
- Cost: 90-185 SEK (approximately EUR 10-19) if ticket is purchased in advance.
- Ticket Desk: SJ Resebutik/Travel Office, in Sky City (next to Terminal 5).
Taxis leave from outside the arrival hall.
- Journey time: about 30 minutes
- Cost: about SEK 460 (approx. EUR 50). Ask the driver for a fixed price (“fast pris”) in advance. You can pay by credit card or by cash.
- You can make an advance reservation with Uppsala Taxi: +46 18 100 000 or with Taxi Kurir, Uppsala: +46 18 123456. You can ask for a driver to be waiting for you in the arrival hall.